PITTSBURGH, Pa. - The Atlanta Braves held a two-run lead as Alex Wood cruised into the eighth inning after seven shutout innings. A sixth-straight win was inevitable for the Braves against a seemingly-listless Pittsburgh Pirates team that had lost seven games in a row. Then the script flipped. Wood issued a walk to Gaby Sanchez and allowed a double to Travis Snider, and was removed from the game. Jordan Walden entered and allowed each of his inherited runners to score and tie the game in the eighth. In the ninth, Justin Upton dropped a routine fly ball to left-centerfield in the ninth inning which set the stage for Gaby Sanchezs game-winning sacrifice fly that capped a late-inning comeback as the Pittsburgh Pirates defeated the Atlanta Braves 3-2 on Wednesday night. "We make that play 99 1-2 out of 100 times," Atlanta manager Fredi Gonzalez said. With Upton and his brother B.J. in centerfield, they played deep in order to prevent a run scoring from first base on a double. Martes drive split them perfectly. "We both got there at the same time," Justin Upton said. "I took the lead and tried to go get it, and it just tipped off the end of my glove." David Carpenter (4-4) took the loss after allowing an unearned run to cross. Jordy Mercer led off with a single and Starling Martes fly ball to left-centre advanced him to third, where Mercer tagged up on Sanchezs flyout. Pittsburghs win snapped a seven-game losing streak, and ended Atlantas five-game winning streak. "To get the two to tie it up then some help and to win," manager Clint Hurdle said, "yeah, its a real nice shot in the arm." Upton drove in a run with a single in the first inning after Jason Heyward walked and Freddie Freeman singled. Uptons single extended his hitting streak to 11 games. After allowing a double to Evan Gattis leading off the second, Pittsburgh right-hander Gerrit Cole retired the next 12 batters he faced before Heyward singled in the sixth. Heyward scored again on a RBI single by Chris Johnson for a 2-0 Atlanta lead, and finished 1 for 3 with a walk and two runs scored. Josh Harrison led off the first with a double, but was picked off by Atlanta left-hander Alex Wood. He was ruled out on a replay-review that overturned a safe call on Alex Woods throw over. Pittsburgh didnt place another man in scoring position until the eighth inning when Wood issued a walk to Sanchez and Travis Snider doubled before Wood recorded an out. Jordan Walden entered and allowed each of his inherited runners to score. Chris Stewart brought Sanchez home with a RBI groundout to first base and Snider scored on a wild pitch as Walden walked Neil Walker. Mark Melancon (2-3) worked a 1-2-3 ninth to earn a win. TRAINERS ROOM Braves: SS Andrelton Simmons (hip) started for the Braves after he was removed from Tuesdays game. ... RHP Shae Simmons (right shoulder soreness) is shut down for the near future after he felt soreness following his second rehab outing with Triple-A Gwinnett. Pirates: RHP Charlie Morton (hip) says his injury is a sports hernia. He was placed on the disabled list Monday, retroactive to Aug. 16, with what the team called right hip inflammation. Manager Clint Hurdle said the plan is to "try to calm the hip down." Morton will likely see a doctor soon and a return-to-pitch program for this season is still a possibility. ... SS Clint Barmes (groin) went 1 for 4 with a two-run home run in his second rehab game with Triple-A Indianapolis. ON DECK Braves: Atlanta continues its road trip with a three-game series at Great American Ballpark against the Cincinnati Reds. RHP Julio Teheran (11-9, 3.06 ERA looks for his first career win against the Reds and LHP David Holmberg (0-0, 16.88 ERA) Pirates: Pittsburgh receives an off-day Thursday as the Pirates travel to Milwaukee for a three-game set over the weekend with their division-rival Brewers. LHP Jeff Locke (4-3, 3.73 ERA) matches up with RHP Yovani Gallardo (8-6, 3.32 ERA) Friday night, who Locke previously lost a decision to June 8 at PNC Park when the Brewers won 1-0. Jaromir Jagr Penguins Jersey . Costa injured his right thigh muscle against Barcelona last Saturday and had sought treatment in Belgrade from a doctor specializing in using fluid derived from horse placenta to repair damaged cells. Michel Briere Penguins Jersey . Western and the second-ranked Laval Rouge et Or (7-0) once again received 20 and 10 first-place votes from the Football Reporters of Canada panel, respectively. Rounding out the Top 10 are the Calgary Dinos (7-0), Queens Gaels (7-1), Guelph Gryphons (7-1), Montreal Carabins (5-2), Bishops Gaiters (5-2), McMaster Marauders (5-3), Manitoba Bisons (4-3) and the Saskatchewan Huskies (4-3) Western crushed York 50-10 last Saturday in its league finale to secure first place in the OUA standings and a bye in the first round of the conference playoffs. http://www.penguinsauthenticofficial...r-jagr-jersey/ .ca has you covered for whos in, whos out and what to expect from all 30 teams. Jake Guentzel Jersey . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. Kris Letang Jersey . City has reached new heights under manager Manuel Pellegrini as they transition from big spending/immediate impact to perennial contender. Yaya Toures seeming discontent Tuesday may complicate that, as does the little issue of Financial Fair Play.MONDAY Generally a big fan of Air Canada, but fly to Phoenix on Air Canada Rouge. I always thought Rouge meant red, but apparently it means Seats only kittens can fit comfortably in. Need to work on my French. Arrive at hotel and front desk clerk hands me a large warmed delicious chocolate chip cookie with my key. This is brilliant check-in bribery. I could find a dead body in my room now and be hesitant to complain. Walking through downtown Phoenix, a scalper asks us if we want to buy tickets to the Pro Bowl that night. I laugh like hes Louis C.K. I prefer my football with tackling. TUESDAY The last Super Bowl Media Day I covered was in Jacksonville in 2005. My lasting memory is of two Mexican reporters from Azteca Deportes who asked questions with hand puppets. I arrive at Media Day in Phoenix and among the first people I run into are the same two reporters, with different hand puppets. I quietly wonder if the original puppets got a better offer and jumped to Telemundo. The problem with Media Day is that half the reporters dont seem to actually work in the media. There must be radio stations who hand out passes to contest winners. A couple of guys in the Gronkowski scrum are wearing Patriots T-shirts and asking probing questions like, Gronk, why are you so awesome? Though that is actually better than many of the questions real media ask. I am standing with Seattle punter and Canadian boy Jon Ryan when a reporter sticks his mic in and says: Reporter: You are Canadian, right? Ryan: Yes. Reporter: Do you like pontoon? Ryan: What? Reporter: Do you like pontoon? Ryan: Poutine? Reporter: Yes, poutine. Twenty-nine reporters ask Marshawn Lynch questions, all getting the exact same answer, Im only here so I dont get fined. I want to ask the 29th guy if he thought his question was so good, it would make Lynch sit up straight and say, Brilliantly posed sir! This one I must answer, thoroughly and eloquently! I am impressed (confused?) with the fans who buy tickets to sit in the stands during Media Day to watch...scrums. There are a couple of hundred Seahawks faithful who cheer madly every time Russell Wilson has a good answer. Some even scream during the Patriots availability, making me wonder if they are trying to affect Brady and his offences ability to hear the questions. They take this 12th man thing seriously. WEDNESDAY Fourteen more questions without answers for Lynch. Give up the dream people. You are not getting him to open up about his childhood and cry for you. Eat dinner at Lo-Los Chicken and Waffle House in Scottsdale, highly recommended by Deion Sanders. I assume the name means waffles for breakfast, and chicken as a specialty for dinner. I am wrong. It means fried chicken and waffles, together, for every meal. Broccoli is not allowed within 10 miles of the place. It is a bylaw, I believe. I order the Tre-Tre because it sounds like it gives me street cred. It has two drumsticks and one giant waffle with an ice-cream sized scoop of butter. It is delicious. I have no regrets. THURSDAY I have quadruple bypass surgery. FRIDAY NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell holds his annual State of the Union news conference. The union has issues. Goodell sidesteps every question like a Russell Wilson scramble. One reporter asks, roughly, Any other employee who had a year like you did would have been fired or resigned by now. Why havent you been fired or resigned? Boom. I cant see the reporter who asks it because there are about 1,000 people in the room, but I quietly hope it is one of the Mexican hand puppets.dddddddddddd Goodell just keeps digging himself a deeper hole. I have had numerous issues with Gary Bettman over the years (cough...TV rights...cough), but he makes himself available much more than once every four months. Plus he answers questions, even if you dont always like the answers. A Roger Goodell interview is the same as a Marshawn Lynch interview, just with more and fancier words. SATURDAY I am standing in the bleachers behind the 16th hole at the Phoenix Open, the craziest golf tournament the planet has ever known. The most fruitless job in sport belongs to the volunteers who ask the crowd for silence before players hit their tee-shots on 16 at Phoenix. They scream, cheer, boo, chant, and mostly drink, through every shot. You hit one tight, its a football stadium celebrating a game-winning touchdown for the home team.You miss the green, its the same crowd after the ref called the touchdown back. PGA Pro Jon Rahm wears an Arizona State football jersey for his tee-shot. The crowd goes nuts. Then he hits it long to the back of the green, and they boo him relentlessly. The 16 Bleacher Creatures chant every chant ever used in American sport. Examples: -USA! USA! for every American player, and some Euros who they believe are American because they have had 17 Budweisers. -The Atlanta Braves Tomahawk Chop chant...for no explicable reason. -Bald spot! Bald spot! As Phil Mickelson strolls towards the green. You need to put 16 bleachers on your bucket list. Just dont bring your kids. This tournament is basically the worlds largest nightclub. Except it opens at 7am. Women show up in heels and cocktail dresses. And leave covered in mud. There are more than 100,000 people on the course the day Im there. I figure about 10,000 are watching golf. I always thought the Phoenix Waste Management Open is a terrible sponsor name. But in my three hours there, I see two fights, a couple of guys throwing up, and one young lady (in heels) passed out in the mud. The sponsor name, in retrospect, is perfect. SUNDAY The Auxiliary Press Box is one of the sections at the top of the stadium. We are in the last row of media, with an entire section of Patriots fans right behind us. Chris Schultz makes a point of telling them he picked the Pats to win. Which he did, though he would have told Seahawks fans the same thing if they were behind us. Avoiding getting beer poured on his head is one of Schultzys many strengths. The game is great, but you all saw that, so Ill skip the details. Im a mile from the stage for the halftime show. In fact, from my vantage point it almost looks like Katy Perry is dancing with sharks! Lol. As if. No choreography would be that drunk. (Unless they were at the golf tournament all weekend.) When you cover the game, you always watch the end from the bowels of the building, in a Disney ride-like line-up to get on the field. I have never seen a group of media gasp the way they did when the Seahawks threw on that last play. Even the hand puppets said, Holy S***! (In Spanish) We interview Patriots corner Brandon Browner, who says...what we all are saying, What were those guys thinking? When my alarm goes off at 4am for my flight home, I ask the same thing of myself. By the way, I have now covered three Super Bowls. All Patriot victories. I should really get a ring. ' ' '